Yonei Y, Hattori A, Tsutsui K, Okawa M, Ishizuka B. Effects of melatonin: basics studies and clinical applications. Anti-Aging Medicine, 2010; 7(7): 85-91.
Olanrewaju HA, Thaxton JP, Dozier WA, Purswell J, Roush WB, Branton SL. A review of lighting programs for broiler production. International Journal of Poultry Science, 2006; 5(4): 301-308.
Li QQ, Zhao XL, Xu HL, Zhao BY, Zhu Q. Research progress on melatonin receptor in poultry. Energy Procedia, 2011; 11: 2252-2257.
Tengattini S, Reiter RJ, Tan DX, Terron MP, Rodella LF, Rezzani R. Cardiovascular diseases: protective effects of melatonin. Journal of Pineal Research, 2008; 44(1): 16-25.
Adamah-Biassi EB, Zhang Y, Jung H, Vissapragada S, Miller RJ, Dubocovich ML. Distribution of MT1 melatonin receptor promoter-driven RFP expression in the brains of BAC C3H/HeN transgenic mice. Journal of Histochemistry&Cytochemistry, 2014; 62(1):70-84.
Van Eekelen AP, Houtveen JH, Kerkhof GA. Circadian variation in cardiac autonomic activity: reactivity measurements to different types of stressors. Chronobiology International, 2004; 21(1): 107-129.
Pechanova O, Paulis L, Simko F. Peripheral and central effects of melatonin on blood pressure regulation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2014; 15(10): 17920-17937.
Nishiyama K, Yasue H, Moriyama Y, Tsunoda R, Ogawa H, Yoshimura M, Kugiyama K. Acute effects of melatonin administration on cardiovascular autonomic regulation in healthy men. American Heart Journal, 2001; 141(5): 13A-17A.
Hower IM, Harper SA, Buford TW. Circadian rhythms, exercise, and cardiovascular health. Journal of Circadian Rhythms, 2018; 16: 7.
10. Rafiei M, Taati M, Alavi S, Nayebzadeh H, Zendehdel M. Effects of intracerebroventricular injection of histamine and H1, H2 receptor antagonists on electrocardiographic parameters in broiler chickens. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Research, 2011; 12(3): 192-198.
11. Zendehdel M, Taati M, Jonaidi H, Amini E. The role of central 5-HT 2C and NMDA receptors on LPS-induced feeding behavior in chickens. The Journal of Physiological Sciences, 2012; 62(5): 413-419.
12. Çinar A, Belge F, Donmez N, Ta A, Selçuk M, Tatar M. Effects of stress produced by adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) on ECG and some blood parameters in vitamin C treated and non-treated chickens. Veterinarskiarhiv, 2006; 76(3): 227-235.
13. ÇınarA, DonmezN. The effect of ration supplemented with zinc on ECG in broilers. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 2001; 25(1): 81-85.
14. Taati M, Babapour V, Kheradmand A, Tarrahi MJ. The role of central endogenous histamine and H1, H2 and H3 receptors on food intake in broiler chickens. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Research, 2009; 10(1): 54-60.
15. Machida N, Aohagi Y. Electrocardiography, heart rates, and heart weights of free-living birds. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, 2001; 32(1): 47-55.
16. Olkowski AA, Wojnarowicz C, Nain S, Ling B, Alcorn JM, Laarveld B. A study on pathogenesis of sudden death syndrome in broiler chickens. Research in Veterinary Science, 2008; 85(1): 131-140.
17. Odom TW, Hargis BM, Lopez CC, Arce MJ, Ono Y, Avila GE. Use of electrocardiographic analysis for investigation of ascites syndrome in broiler chickens. Avian Diseases, 1991: 738-744.
18. Owen RL, WidemanJr RF, Leach RM, Cowen BS, Dunn PA, Ford BC. Physiologic and electrocardiographic changes occurring in broilers reared at simulated high altitude. Avian Diseases, 1995: 108-115.
19. Espino L, Suárez ML, López-Beceiro A, Santamarina G. Electrocardiogram reference values for the buzzard in Spain. Journal of Wildlife Diseases, 2001; 37(4): 680-685.
20. Lumeij JT, RitchieBW. Cardiology. In: Ritchie BW; Harrison GJ. Harrison LR. Eds. Avian medicine: principles and application. 1st ed. HBB International, Delray Beach, 1999; 695-722.
21. Simko F, Pechanova O, RepovaBednarova K, Krajcirovicova K, Celec P, Kamodyova N, Zorad S, Kucharska J, Gvozdjakova A, Adamcova M, Paulis L. Hypertension and cardiovascular remodelling in rats exposed to continuous light: protection by ACE-inhibition and melatonin. Mediators of Inflammation, 2014.
22. Neshatgharamaleki M, Seyyedsaadat M. Melatonin and dogs heart performance (electrocardiogram and enzymes changes). Annals of Biological Research, 2012; 3(6): 2615-2618.
23. Chuang JI, Chen SS, Lin MT. Melatonin decreases brain serotonin release, arterial pressure and heart rate in rats. Pharmacology, 1993; 47(2): 91-97.
24. Viswanathan M, Hissa R, George JC. Suppression of sympathetic nervous system by short photoperiod and melatonin in the Syrian hamster. Life Sciences, 1986; 38(1): 73-79.
25. Wang M, Yokotani K, Nakamura K, Murakami Y, Okada S, Osumi Y. Melatonin inhibits the central sympatho-adrenomedullary outflow in rats. The Japanese Journal of Pharmacology, 1999; 81(1): 29-33.
26. Arendt J. Physiology of the pineal: role in photoperiodic seasonal functions. Melatonin and the mammalian pineal gland. 1st ed. Chapman & Hall, London, 1995; 110-158.
27. Taylor EW, Jordan D, Coote JH. Central control of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and their interactions in vertebrates. Physiological Reviews, 1999; 79(3): 855-916.
28. Bottje WG, Wideman RF. Potential role of free radicals in the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension syndrome. Poultry and Avian Biology Reviews, 1995; 6: 211-231.
29. Knigge U, Warberg J. The role of histamine in the neuroendocrine regulation of pituitary hormone secretion. European Journal of Endocrinology, 1991; 124(6): 609-619.
30. Miyazaki S, Onodera K, Imaizumi M, Timmerman H. Effects of clobenpropit (VUF-9153), a histamine H3-receptor antagonist, on learning and memory, and on cholinergic and monoaminergic systems in mice. Life Sciences, 1997; 61(4): 355-361.
31. Bealer SL. Central neuronal histamine contributes to cardiovascular regulation. Physiology, 1999; 14(3): 100-105.
32. Abbas AO, Gehad AE, Hendricks GL, Gharib HB, Mashaly MM. The effect of lighting program and melatonin on the alleviation of the negative impact of heat stress on the immune response in broiler chickens. International Journal of Poultry Science, 2007; 6(6): 651-660.
33. Scott TA. Evaluation of lighting programs, diet density, and short term use of mash as compared to crumbled starter to reduce incidence of sudden death syndrome in broiler chicks to 35 d of age. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, 2002; 82(3): 375-83.
34. Clark WD, Classen HL. The effects of continuously or diurnally fed melatonin on broiler performance and health. Poultry Science, 1995; 74(11): 1900-1904.