Cardoso C, Favoreto Jr S, Oliveira L, Vancim J, Barban G, Ferraz D, Silva J. Oleic acid modulation of the immune response in wound healing: a new approach for skin repair. Immunobiology, 2011; 216(3): 409-415.
Nilani P, Pranavi A, Duraisamy B, Damodaran P, Subhashini V, Elango K. Formulation and evaluation of wound healing dermal patch. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2011; 5(9): 1252-1257.
Simova E, Beshkova D, Angelov A, Hristozova T, Frengova G, Spasov Z. Lactic acid bacteria and yeasts in kefir grains and kefir made from them. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2002; 28(1): 1-6.
Pradhan L, Cai X, Wu S, Andersen ND, Martin M, Malek J, Guthrie P, Veves A, Logerfo FW. Gene expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and neuropeptides in diabetic wound healing. Journal of Surgical Research, 2011; 167(2): 336-342.
Bitar MS, Labbad ZN. Transforming growth factor-β and insulin-like growth factor-I in relation to diabetes-induced impairment of wound healing. Journal of Surgical Research, 1996; 61(1): 113-119.
Arturson G. Pathophysiology of the burn wound and pharmacological treatment. The Rudi Hermans Lecture, 1995. Burns, 1996; 22(4): 255-274.
Pirbalouti AG, Azizi S, Koohpayeh A. Healing potential of Iranian traditional medicinal plants on burn wounds in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia, 2012; 22(2): 397-403.
Witte MB, Thornton FJ, Tantry U, Barbul A. L-Arginine supplementation enhances diabetic wound healing: involvement of the nitric oxide synthase and arginase pathways. Metabolism-Clinical and Experimental, 2002; 51(10): 1269-1273.
Goodson WH, Hunt TK. Studies of wound healing in experimental diabetes mellitus. Journal of Surgical Research, 1977; 22(3): 221-227.
10. Jeffcoate WJ, Harding KG. Diabetic foot ulcers. The lancet. 2003; 361(9368): 1545-1551.
11. Shalom A, Friedman T, Wong L. Burns and diabetes. Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters, 2005; 18(1): 31.
12. Atiyeh BS, Costagliola M, Hayek SN, Dibo SA. Effect of silver on burn wound infection control and healing: review of the literature. Burns, 2007; 33(2): 139-148.
13. Hollinger MA. Toxicological aspects of topical silver pharmaceuticals. Critical Reviews in Toxicology, 1996; 26(3): 255-260.
14. Lansdown A, Williams A. How safe is silver in wound care? Journal of Wound Care, 2004; 13(4): 131-136.
15. MacKay DJ, Miller AL. Nutritional support for wound healing. Alternative Medicine Review, 2003; 8(4): 359-378.
16. Sekhar MS, Unnikrishnan M, Vijayanarayana K, Rodrigues GS, Mukhopadhyay C. Topical application/formulation of probiotics: Will it be a novel treatment approach for diabetic foot ulcer? Medical Hypotheses, 2014; 82(1): 86-88.
17. Huseini HF, Rahimzadeh G, Fazeli MR, Mehrazma M, Salehi M. Evaluation of wound healing activities of kefir products. Burns, 2012; 38(5): 719-723.
18. Valdez J, Peral M, Rachid M, Santana M, Perdigon G. Interference of Lactobacillus plantarum with Pseudomonas aeruginosa in vitro and in infected burns: the potential use of probiotics in wound treatment. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 2005; 11(6): 472-479.
19. Solanki HK, Shah DA. Formulation Optimization and Evaluation of Probiotic Lactobacillus sporogenes-Loaded Sodium Alginate with Carboxymethyl Cellulose Mucoadhesive Beads Using Design Expert Software, Journal of Food Processing, 2016, Article ID 6041671.
20. Qiu Z, Kwon A-H, Kamiyama Y. Effects of plasma fibronectin on the healing of full-thickness skin wounds in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Journal of Surgical Research, 2007; 138(1): 64-70.
21. Oryan A, Jalili M, Kamali A, Nikahval B. The concurrent use of probiotic microorganism and collagen hydrogel/scaffold enhances burn wound healing: An in vivo evaluation. Burns, 2018; 44(7): 1775-1786.
22. Oryan A, Khalafi-Nezhad A, Toloo N, Soltani Rad MN. Effects of 4-chloro-2,6-bis-(2-hydroxyl-benzyl)-phenol on healing of skin wounds and growth of bacteria. Journal of Veterinary Medicine A, Physiology, Pathology, Clinical Medicine, 2007; 54(10): 585-591.
23. Edwards C, O'Brien Jr W. Modified assay for determination of hydroxyproline in a tissue hydrolyzate. Clinica Chimica Acta, 1980; 104(2): 161-167.
24. Takeo M, Lee W, Ito M. Wound healing and skin regeneration. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2015; 5(1): a023267.
25. Caetano GF, Fronza M, Leite MN, Gomes A, Frade MA. Comparison of collagen content in skin wounds evaluated by biochemical assay and by computer-aided histomorphometric analysis. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2016; 54(11): 2555-2559.
26. Oryan A, Alemzadeh E, Moshiri A. Biological properties and therapeutic activities of honey in wound healing: a narrative review and meta-analysis. Journal of Tissue Viability, 2016; 25(2): 98-118.
27. Oryan A, Khalafi‐Nezhad A, Toloo N, Rad S. Modulation of cutaneous wound healing by silymarin in rats. Journal of Wound Care, 2012; 21: 457-464
28. Oryan A, Mohammadalipour A, Moshiri A, Tabandeh M. Avocado/soybean unsaponifiables: a novel regulator of cutaneous wound healing, modelling and remodelling. International Wound Journal, 2015; 12(6): 674-685.
29. Oryan A, Mohammadalipour A, Moshiri A, Tabandeh MR. Topical application of aloe vera accelerated wound healing, modeling, and remodeling: an experimental study. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 2016; 77(1): 37-46.
30. Guo Sa, DiPietro LA. Factors affecting wound healing. Journal of Dental Research, 2010; 89(3): 219-229.
31. Pelegrinelli FF, Thirone AC, Gasparetti AL, Araujo EP, Velloso LA, Saad MJ. Early steps of insulin action in the skin of intact rats. Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2001 ;117(4): 971-976.
32. Bohlen HG, Niggl BA. Arteriolar anatomical and functional abnormalities in juvenile mice with genetic or streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitus, Circulation Research. 1979; 45(3): 390-396.
33. Jeffcoate W, Van Houtum W. Amputation as a marker of the quality of foot care in diabetes. Diabetologia, 2004; 47(12): 2051-2058.
34. Lam EK, Yu L, Wong HP, Wu WK, Shin VY, Tai EK, So WH, Woo PC, Cho CH. Probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG enhances gastric ulcer healing in rats. European Journal of Pharmacology, 2007; 565(1-3): 171-179.
35. Dharmani P, De Simone C, Chadee K. The probiotic mixture VSL 3 accelerates gastric ulcer healing by stimulating vascular endothelial growth factor, PLoS One. 2013; 8(3): e58671.
36. Isolauri E, Sütas Y, Kankaanpää P, Arvilommi H, Salminen S. Probiotics: effects on immunity–. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2001; 73(2): 444s-450s.
37. Meydani SN, Ha W-K. Immunologic effects of yogurt–. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2000; 71(4): 861-872.
38. Rodrigues KL, Caputo LRG, Carvalho JCT, Evangelista J, Schneedorf JM. Antimicrobial and healing activity of kefir and kefiran extract. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, 2005; 25(5): 404-408.
39. Rasik A, Raghubir R, Gupta A, Shukla A, Dubey M, Srivastava S, Jain HK, Kulshrestha DK. Healing potential of Calotropis procera on dermal wounds in Guinea pigs. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 1999; 68(1-3): 261-266.
40. Rodnan GP, Lipinski E, Luksick J. Skin thickness and collagen content in progressive systemic sclerosis and localized scleroderma, Arthritis & Rheumatology. 1979; 22(2): 130-140.
41. Hessle C, Andersson B, Wold AE. Gram-positive bacteria are potent inducers of monocytic interleukin-12 (IL-12) while gram-negative bacteria preferentially stimulate IL-10 production. Infection and Immunity, 2000; 68(6): 3581-3586.
42. Hessle CC, Andersson B, Wold AE. Gram-negative, but not Gram-positive, bacteria elicit strong PGE 2 production in human monocytes. Inflammation, 2003; 27(6): 329-332.
43. de Vos WM. Lipotechoic acid in lactobacilli: D-alanine makes the difference. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2005; 102(31): 10763-10764.
44. Sidhu GS, Mani H, Gaddipati JP, Singh AK, Seth P, Banaudha KK, Patnaik GK, Maheshwari RK. Curcumin enhances wound healing in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats and genetically diabetic mice. Wound Repair and Regeneration, 1999; 7(5): 362-374.
45. Ammann AJ, Beck LS, DeGUZMAN L, Hirabayashi SE, Pun Lee W, McFATRIDGE L, Nguyen T, Xu Y, Mustoe TA. Transforming Growth Factor‐β Effect on Soft Tissue Repair. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1990; 593(1): 124-134.
46. Nall AV, Brownlee RE, Colvin CP, Schultz G, Fein D, Cassisi NJ, Nguyen T, Kalra A. Transforming growth factor β1 improves wound healing and random flap survival in normal and irradiated rats. Archives of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery, 1996; 122(2): 171-177.
47. Medeiros AdC, Ramos AMdO, Dantas Filho AM, Azevedo RdCFd, Araújo FLFB. Tratamento tópico de queimaduras do dorso de ratos com ácido hialurônico. Acta Cirúrgica Brasileira, 1999; 14(4): 203-207.