- Saadat-Noori M, Siah-Mansoor S. Sheep husbandry and management. Asharfi Pub. Co. Tehran, Iran. 1987; 494.
- Satari M. Sheep husbandry in Iran, breeds, feeding and production. Tehran University press, No 1276. 1975; Second edition: 328.
- Valizadeh R. Iranian sheep and goat industry at a glance. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 2007; 68: 816–821.
- Kraft SL, Gavin P. Physical principles and technical considerations for equine computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice, 2001; 17: 115–130.
- Latorre R, Arencibia A, Gil F, Rivero M, Henry RW, Ramirez G et al. Correlation of magnetic resonance images with anatomic features of the equine tarsus. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 2006; 67: 756-761.
- Noodle B. Age of epiphyseal closure in feral and domestic goats and ages of dental erruption. Journal of Archaeological Science, 1974; 1(2): 195-204.
- Smith BL, Auer JA. Taylor TS, Hulse DS, Longnecker MT. Use of orthopedic markers for quantitative determination of proximal radial and ulnar growth in foals. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 1991; 52: 1456-1460.
- Kilborn SH, Acvim D, Trudel G, Uhthaff H. Review of growth plate closure compared with age at sexual maturity and lifespan in laboratory animals. American Association for laboratory animal science, 2002; 41(5): 21-26.
- Genccelep M, Bakir B, Aslan L, Atasoy N, Tas A. Determination of the closure time in Morkaraman lambs by radiography. Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi, 2002; 13: 1-7.
10. Wilsman NJ, Bernardini ES., Leiferman E, Noonan K, Farnum CE; Age and Pattern of the Onset of Differential Growth Among Growth Plates in Rats. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2008; 26(11): 1457–1465.
11. Gabel AA, Spencer CP, Pipers FS. A study of correlation of closure of the distal radial physis with performance and injury in the Standardbred. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1977 ;170: 188-194.
12. Mamprim MJ, Vulcano LC, Muniz LMR. Estudo radiografico do fechamento da epifise distal da radio em potras de raça Manga-Larga. (Radiographic study of distal radius epiphyseal closure in Manga-Larga fillies.). Vet E Zoot, 1992; 4: 59-62.
13. Mason TA, Bourke JM. Closure of the distal radial epiphysis and its relationship to unsoundness in two year old thoroughbreds. Australian Veterinary Journal, 1973; 49: 221-228.
14. Vulcano LC, Mamprim MJ, Muniz LMR, Moreira AF, Luna SPL. Radiographic study of distal radial physeal closure in Thoroughbred horses. Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 1997; 38: 352-354.
15. Chapman Jr. Appearance of ossification centers and epiphyseal closures as determined by radiographic techniques. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1965; 147: 138-141.2.
16. Ballock RT, O’Keefe RJ. Current Concepts Review: The biology of the growth plate. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2003; 85: 715–726.
17. Kronenberg HM. Insight Review Articles: Developmental regulation of the gowth plate. Nature, 2003; 423: 332–336.
18. Strand E, Braathen LC, Hellsten MC, Huse-Olsen L, Bjornsdottir S. Radiographic closure time of appendicular growth plates in the Icelandic horse. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica, 2007; 49: 19.
19. MacCallum FJ, Brown MP, Goyal HO. An assessment of ossification and radiological interpretation in limbs of growing horses. British Veterinary Journal, 1978; 134: 366-374.
20. Firth EC, Greydanus Y. Cartilage thickness measurements in foals. Research in Veterinary Science, 1987; 42: 35-46.
21. Fretz PB, Cymbaluk NF, Pharr JW. Quantitative analysis of long bone growth in the horse., American Journal of Veterinary Research, 1984; 45: 1602-1609.
22. Asimus E, Gauzy D, Mathon F, Bourgeois R, Darmana J, Cahuzac and Autefage A. Growth of the radius in sheep. An experimental model for monitoring activity of the growth plates. Revue de Médecine Vétérinaire, 1995; 146: 681-688.
23. Vosough D, Aghazamani M. A radiographic study on closure time of the fore and hind limbs growth plates in Rayeni goat. Journal of Veterinary Research, 2013; 68(1): 1-5.
24. Conzemius MG, Smith GK, Brighton CT, Marion MJ, Gregor TP. Analysis of physeal growth in dogs, using biplane radiography. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 1994; 55: 22-27.
25. Todhunter RJ, Zachos TA, Gilbert RO, Williams AJ, Burton-Wurster N, Lust G. Onset of epiphyseal mineralization and growth plate closure in radiographically normal and dysplastic labrador retrievers. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 1997; 210: 1458-1462.
26. Carrig CB. Growth abnormalities of the canine radius and ulna. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, 1983; 13: 91-115.
27. Choi H, Shin H, Kang S, Lee H, Cho J, Chang D, et al. A radiographic study of growth plate closure compared with age in the Korean native goat. Korean Journal of Veterinary Research, 2006; 46(3): 285-289.
28. Das RK, Kanesh J.S, Mandel AK, Mishra UK. Comparative radiographic study on the epiphyseal closure in long bones of hind limb in Black Bengal and Ganjam goats. Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy, 2009; 21(2): 49-52.