Docheva D, Müller SA, Majewski M, Evans CH. Biologics for tendon repair. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2015; 84: 222-239.
Jeong C, Kim SE, Shim KS, Kim HJ, Song MH, Park K, et al. Exploring the in vivo anti-inflammatory actions of simvastatin-loaded porous microspheres on inflamed tenocytes in a collagenase-induced animal model of Achilles tendinitis. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2018; 19(3). pii: E820. doi: 10.3390/ijms19030820.
Jiang D, Gao P, Lin H, Geng H. Curcumin improves tendon healing in rats: a histological, biochemical, and functional evaluation. Connective Tissue Research, 2016; 57(1): 20-27.
Ciftci O, Ozdemir I, Tanyildizi S, Yildiz S, Oguzturk H. Antioxidative effects of curcumin, β-myrcene and 1,8-cineole against 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced oxidative stress in rats liver. Toxicology and Industrial Health, 2011; 27(5): 447-453.
Nabavi SF, Thiagarajan R, Rastrelli L, Daglia M, Sobarzo-Sánchez E, Alinezhad H, et al. Curcumin: a natural product for diabetes and its complications. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, 2015; 15(23): 2445-2455.
Akbik D, Ghadiri M, Chrzanowski W, Rohanizadeh R. Curcumin as a wound healing agent. Life Sciences, 2014; 116(1): 1-7.
Tejada S, Manayi A, Daglia M, Nabavi SF, Sureda A, Hajheydari Z, et al. Wound healing effects of curcumin: A short review. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, 2016; 17(11): 1002-1007.
Menon VP, Sudheer AR. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 2007; 595: 105-125.
Chainani-Wu N. Safety and anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin: a component of tumeric (Curcuma longa). Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2003; 9(1): 161-168.
10. Gopinath D, Ahmed MR, Gomathi K, Chitra K, Sehgal PK, Jayakumar R. Dermal wound healing processes with curcumin incorporated collagen films. Biomaterials, 2004; 25(10): 1911-1917.
11. Kant V, Gopal A, Pathak NN, Kumar P, Tandan SK, Kumar D. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential of curcumin accelerated the cutaneous wound healing in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. International Immunopharmacology, 2014; 20(2): 322-330.
12. Panchatcharam M, Miriyala S, Gayathri VS, Suguna L. Curcumin improves wound healing by modulating collagen and decreasing reactive oxygen species. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2006; 290(1-2): 87-96.
13. Güleç A, Türk Y, Aydin BK, Erkoçak ÖF, Safalı S, Ugurluoglu C. Effect of curcumin on tendon healing: an experimental study in a rat model of Achilles tendon injury. International Orthopaedics, 201;. doi: 10.1007/s00264-018-4017-5.
14. Murrell GA, Lilly EG, Davies H, Best TM, Goldner RD, Seaber AV. The Achilles Functional Index. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 1992; 10(3): 398-404.
15. Tang JB, Shi D, Zhang QG. Biomechanical and histologic evaluation of tendon sheath management. Journal of Hand Surgery-American Volume, 1996; 21(5): 900-908.
16. Alaseirlis DA, Li Y, Cilli F, Fu FH, Wang JH. Decreasing inflammatory response of injured patellar tendons results in increased collagen fibril diameters. Connective Tissue Research, 2005; 46(1): 12-17.
17. Bettinger DA, Pellicane JV, Tarry WC, Yager DR, Diegelmann RF, Lee R, et al. The role of inflammatory cy-tokines in wound healing: Accelerated healing in endotoxin-resistant mice. Journal of Trauma, 1994; 36: 810-815.
18. Mori R, Kondo T, Ohshima T, Ishida Y, Mukaida N. Accelerated wound healing in tumor necrosis factor receptor p55-deficient mice with reduced leukocyte infiltration. FASEB Journal, 2002; 16: 963-974.
19. Andres BM, Murrell GAC. Treatment of tendinopathy: What works, what does not, and what is on the horizon. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 2008; 466(7): 1539-1554.
20. Behfar M, Hobbenaghi R, Sarrafzadeh-Rezaei F. Effects of flunixin meglumine on experimental tendon wound healing: A histopathological and mechanical study in rabbits. Veterinary Research Forum, 2013; 4(4): 233-238.
21. Blomgran P, Hammerman M, Aspenberg P. Systemic corticosteroids improve tendon healing when given after the early inflammatory phase. Scientific Reports, 2017; 7(1). doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-12657-0.
22. Hawkey CJ, Langman MJS. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: overall risks and management. Complementary roles for COX-2 inhibitors and proton pump inhibitors. Gut, 2003; 52(4): 600-608.
23. Sostres C, Gargallo CJ, Arroyo MT, Lanas A. Adverse effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs, aspirin and coxibs) on upper gastrointestinal tract. Best Practice & Research In Clinical Gastroenterology, 2010; 24(2): 121-132.
24. Chan KM, Fu SC. Anti-inflammatory management for tendon injuries - friends or foes? Sports Medicine Arthroscopy Rehabilitation Therapy & Technology, 2009; 1: 23. doi:10.1186/1758-2555-1-23.
25. Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Alternative Medicine Review, 2009; 14(2): 141-153.
26. Meng B, Li J, Cao H. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of curcumin on diabetes mellitus and its complications. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 2013; 19(11): 2101-2113.
27. Ma F, Liu F, Ding L, You M, Yue H, Zhou Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin are associated with down regulating microRNA-155 in LPS-treated macrophages and mice. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2017; 55(1): 1263-1273.
28. Edwards RL, Luis PB, Varuzza PV, Joseph AI, Presley SH, Chaturvedi R, et al. The anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin is mediated by its oxidative metabolites. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2017; 292(52): 21243-21252.
29. Henrotin Y, Lambert C, Couchourel D, Ripoll C, Chiotelli E. Nutraceuticals: Do they represent a new era in the management of osteoarthritis?—a narrative review from the lessons taken with five products. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2011; 19: 1-21.
30. Lakhan SE, Ford CT, Tepper D. Zingiberaceae extracts for pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutrition Journal, 2015; 14: 50.
31. Ackermann PW, Domeij-Arverud E, Leclerc P, Amoudrouz P, Nader GA. Anti-inflammatory cytokine profile in early human tendon repair. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2013; 21(8): 1801-1806.
32. Runesson E, Ackermann P, Karlsson J, Eriksson BI. Nucleostemin- and Oct 3/4-positive stem/progenitor cells exhibit disparate anatomical and temporal expression during rat Achilles tendon healing. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 2015; 16: 212.
33. Greenberg JA, Clark RM. Advances in Suture Material for Obstetric and Gynecologic Surgery. Reviews in Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2009; 2(3): 146-158.
34. Bonifasi-Lista C, Lake SP, Small MS, Weiss JA. Viscoelastic properties of the human medial collateral ligament under longitudinal, transverse and shear loading. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2005; 23(1): 67-76.
35. Wang JH. Mechanobiology of tendon. Journal of Biomechanics. 2006; 39(9): 1563-1582.
36. Dai M, Zheng X, Xu X, Kong X, Li X, Guo G, et al. Chitosan-alginate sponge: preparation and application in curcumin delivery for dermal wound healing in rat. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, 2009; doi:10.1155/2009/595126.
37. Wojciak B, Crossan JF. The accumulation of inflammatory cells in synovial sheath and epitenon during adhesion formation in healing rat flexor tendons. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 1993; 93(1): 108-114.
38. Wu YF, Mao WF, Zhou YL, Wang XT, Liu PY, Tang JB. Adeno-associated virus-2-mediated TGF-β1 microRNA transfection inhibits adhesion formation after digital flexor tendon injury. Gene Therapy, 2016; 23(2): 167-175.
39. Türkoğlu A, Gül M, Yuksel HK, Alabalik U, Ülger BV, Uslukaya O, et al. effect of intraperitoneal curcumin instillation on postoperative peritoneal adhesions. Medical Principles and Practice, 2015; 24(2): 153-158.
40. Jomezadeh V, Mohammadpour AH, Rajabi O, Tavassoli A, Maddah G. Evaluation of curcumin effects on post-operative peritoneal adhesion in rats. Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, 2012; 15: 1162-1167.
41. Madhyastha R, Madhyastha H, Nakajima Y, Omura S, Maruyama M. Curcumin facilitates fibrinolysis and cellular migration during wound healing by modulating urokinase plasminogen activator expression. Pathophysiology of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, 2010; 37(2-4): 59-66.
42. Cheppudira B, Fowler M, McGhee L, Greer A, Mares A, Petz L, et al. Curcumin: a novel therapeutic for burn pain and wound healing. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, 2013; 22(10): 1295-1303.
43. Agarwal KA, Tripathi CD, Agarwal BB, Saluja S. Efficacy of turmeric (curcumin) in pain and postoperative fatigue after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled study. Surgical Endoscopy, 2011; 25(12): 3805-3810.
44. Foucher G, Lenoble E, Ben Youssef K, Sammut D. A post-operative regime after digital flexor tenolysis. A series of 72 patients. Journal of Hand Surger -European Volume, 1993; 18(1): 35-40.
45. Tran HN, Cannon DL, Lieber RL, Abrams RA. In vitro cyclic tensile testing of combined peripheral and core flexor tenorrhaphy suture techniques. Journal of Hand Surgery-American Volume, 2002; 27(3): 518-524.
46. Liu HY. In vivo evaluation of the stiffness of the patellar tendon. Doctoral Thesis. University of North Carolina USA. 2008.
47. Uysal AC, Mizuno H. Tendon regeneration and repair with adipose derived stem cells. Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2010; 5(2): 161-167.
48. Best TM, Collins A, Lilly EG, Seaber AV, Goldner R, Murrell GA. Achilles tendon healing: a correlation between functional and mechanical performance in the rat. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 1993; 11(6): 897-906.
49. Staresinic M1, Sebecic B, Patrlj L, Jadrijevic S, Suknaic S, Perovic D, et al. Gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 accelerates healing of transected rat Achilles tendon and in vitro stimulates tendocytes growth. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2003; 21(6): 976-983.