Shaw JE, Sicree RA, Zimmet Z. Global estimates of the prevalence of diabetes for 2010 and 2030. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2010; 87: 4–14.
Jeffcoate WJ, Harding KG. Diabetic foot ulcers. Lancet, 2003; 361: 1545–1551.
Martin P. Wound healing–aiming for perfect skin regeneration. Science, 1997; 276: 75–81.
Falanga V. Wound healing and its impairment in the diabetic foot. Lancet, 2005; 366: 1736–1743.
Ebaid H, Abdel-salam B, Hassan I, Al-Tamimi J, Metwalli A, Alhazza I. Camel milk peptide improves wound healing in diabetic rats by orchestrating the redox status and immune response. Lipids in Health and Disease, 2015; 14:132-142.
Oberley LW. Free radicals and diabetes. Free Radical Biological Medicine, 1988; 5: 113-124.
Low PA, Nickander KK, Tritschler HJ. The roles of oxidative stress and antioxidant treatment in experimental diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes, 1997; 46: S38.
Goodson WH, Hung TK. Studies of wound healing in experimental diabetes mellitus. Journal of Surgery Research, 1977; 22: 221-227.
Eming SA, Martin P, Tomic-Canic M. Wound repair and regeneration: Mechanisms, signaling, and translation. Science Translational Medicine, 2014; 6: 265-266.
10. Mirza RE, Fang MM, Weinheimer-Haus EM, Ennis WJ, Koh TJ. Sustained inflammasome activity in macrophages impairs wound healing in type 2 diabetic humans and mice. Diabetes, 2014; 63(3): 1103–1114.
11. Pereira RF, Bartolo PJ. Traditional therapies for skin wound healing. Advances in Wound Care, 2016; 5(5):208-229.
12. Bonab FS, Farahpour MR. Topical co-administration of Pistacia atlantica hull and Quercus infectoria gall hydroethanolic extract improves wound-healing process. Comparative Clinical Pathology, 2017; 26(4): 885-892.
13. Ajmera N, Chatterjee A, Goyal V. Aloe vera: It’s effect on gingivitis. Journal of Indian Society Periodontology, 2013; 17: 435-438.
14. Nejatzadeh-Barandozi F. Antibacterial activities and antioxidant capacity of Aloe vera. Organic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2013, 3: 5-10.
15. Abdel Hamid AAA, Soliman MFM. Effect of topical aloe vera on the process of healing of full-thickness skin burn: a histological and immunohistochemical study. Journal of Histology & Histopathology, 2015; 2(3): 1-10.
16. Heggers JP, Kucukcelebi A, Listengarten D, Stabenau J, Ko F, Broemeling LD, Robson MC, Winters WD. Beneficial effect of Aloe on wound healing in an excisional wound model. Journal of Alterntive Complement Medicine, 1996; 2: 271-277.
17. Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract (traditional herb) potentiates in vivo insulin-regulated glucose utilization via enhancing insulin signaling in rats. Diabetes Reserach and Clinical Practice, 2003; 62: 139-148.
18. Couturier K, Batandier C, Awada M, Hininger-Favier I, Canini F, Anderson RA, Leverve X, Roussel AM. Cinnamon improves insulin sensitivity and alters the body composition in an animal model of the metabolic syndrome. Archive Biochemistry and Biophysic, 2010; 501: 158-161.
19. Jayaprakasha GK, Ohnishi-Kameyama M, Ono H, Yoshida M, Jaganmohan Rao L. Phenolic constituents in the fruits of Cinnamomum zeylanicum and their antioxidant activity. Journal of Agricictlture and Food Chemistry, 2006; 54: 1672-1679.
20. Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract prevents the insulin resistance induced by a high-fructose diet. Hormon and Metabolism Research. 2004; 36: 119-125.
21. Kamath JV, Rana AC, Chowdhury AR. Pro-healing effect of Cinnamomum zeylanicum bark. Phytotherapy Research. 2003; 17: 970-972.
22. Farahpour MR, Habibi M. Evaluation of the wound healing activity of an ethanolic extract of Ceylon cinnamon in mice. Veterinary Medicine. 2012; 57: 53-57.
23. Farahpour MR, Mirzakhani N, Doostmohammadi J, Ebrahimzadeh M. Hydroethanolic Pistacia Atlantica hulls extract improved wound healing process; evidence for mast cells infiltration, angiogenesis and RNA stability. International Journal of Surgery, 2015; 17: 88-98.
24. Hozzein WN, Badr G, Al Ghamdi AA, Sayed A, Al-Waili NS, Garraud O. Topical application of propolis enhances cutaneous wound healing by promoting TGF-beta/Smad-mediated collagen production in a streptozotocin -induced type I diabetic mouse model. Cellular and Physiology Biochemistry, 2015; 37(3): 940-54.
25. Farahpour MR, Vahid M, Oryan A. Effectiveness of topical application of ostrich oil on the healing of Staphylococcus aureus- and Pseudomonas aeruginosa-infected wounds. Connective Tissue Research, 2018; 59(3): 212-22.
26. Farahpour MR. The evaluation of topical administration of different doses of lintbells oil on circular excisional wound healing in experimental models. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Surgery, 2014; 9(2): 32-38.
27. Koh TJ, DiPietro LA. Inflammation and wound healing: the role of the macrophage. Expert Reviews in Molecular Medicine, 2011; 13. http// doi: 10.1017/S1462399411001943
28. Khanna S, Biswas S, Shang Y, Collard E, Azad A, Kauh C, Bhasker V, Gordillo GM, Sen CK, Roy S. Macrophage dysfunction impairs resolution of inflammation in the wounds of diabetic mice. PLoS One. 2010; 5(3): e9539.
29. André-Lévigne D, Modarressi A, Pepper MS, Pittet-Cuénod B. Reactive oxygen species and NOX enzymes are emerging as key players in cutaneous wound repair. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2017; 10: 2149.
30. Oryan A, Mohammadalipour A, Moshiri A, Tabandeh MR. Topical Application of Aloe vera Accelerated Wound Healing, Modeling, and Remodeling: An Experimental Study. Annal Plastic Surgery, 2016; 77: 37-46.
31. Caddeo C, Díez-Sales O, Pons R, Fernàndez-Busquets X, Fadda AM, Manconi M. Topical anti-inflammatory potential of quercetin in lipid-based nanosystems: in vivo and in vitro evaluation. Pharmacology Research, 2014; 1: 959-968.
32. Bao P, Kodra A, Tomic-Canic M, Golinko MS, Ehrlich HP, Brem H. The role of vascular endothelial growth factor in wound healing. Journal of Surgery Research, 2009; 153: 347-358.
33. Devasvaran K, Yong YK. Anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties of Malaysia Tualang honey. Current Science, 2016; 110: 47-51.
34. Sonia A, Drews M, Malinski T. Role of nitric oxide, nitroxidative and oxidative stress in wound healing. Pharmacology Report, 2005; 57: 108-119.
35. Farahpour MR, Hesaraki S, Faraji D, Zeinalpour R, Aghaei M. Hydroethanolic Allium sativum extract accelerates excision wound healing: evidence for roles of mast-cell infiltration and intracytoplasmic carbohydrate ratio. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017; 53(1).
36. Süntar I, Akkol EK, Nahar L, Sarker SD. Wound healing and antioxidant properties: do they coexist in plants? Free Radicals and Antioxidants, 2012; 2(2): 1-7.
37. Tracy LE, Minasian RA, Caterson EJ. Extracellular matrix and dermal fibroblast function in the healing wound. Advances in Wound Care, 2016; 5: 119-136.
38. Maggio M, De Vita F, Lauretani F, Buttò V, Bondi G, Cattabiani C, Nouvenne A, Meschi T, Dall'Aglio E, Ceda GP. IGF-1, the cross road of the nutritional, inflammatory and hormonal pathways to frailty. Nutrient, 2013; 21: 4184-4205.
39. Eo H, Lee H-J, Lim Y. Ameliorative effect of dietary genistein on diabetes induced hyper-inflammation and oxidative stress during early stage of wound healing in alloxan induced diabetic mice. Biochemistry and Biophysic Research Communication, 2016; 478: 1021-1027.